Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Savoury Scones Recipe

Hello Everybody,
Today I am going to blog about a Savoury Scone Recipe I made with my Dad (who is a Chef) 
(I used an Edmonds Cookery Book Recipe about Scones as a guideline.)
This recipe makes about 6 Scones.
Ingredients: 1 cup of Flour, 1/12 teaspoons of Baking Powder, a pinch of Salt, 50 grams of Butter, 50 grams of Cheese, approximately 80ml of Milk (you might not need to use all the milk) and Herbs. (I am growing all of these) I used Chives, Parsley, Mint and Lovage.
Method:
Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the Butter and Cheese. Start rubbing and mixing it all together in the bowl. Mix to a light dough with the Milk. Once all combined, turn on to a floured board, knead, and roll out. Cut with a scone cutter and put on an oven tray. I put the heat at 180°c and baked for about 10 minutes. Once finished, served.
Here is a photo of what they turned out like :) 
IMG_20150524_172219
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Please leave comments, I love to read them!
Thank you for reading,
Online Food Girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment